Wednesday, October 8, 2008

perfectly imperfect...

this is about growth...
it is about action, reaction, cause, and effect...and all those gray areas that fall between the comas that separate the words...
i live in the shadow and brilliance of the 'human condition'...my innate quality of perfection lies in the spirit...my extremely raw state of error subsists in the manifestation of flesh that forms the earth bound existence...point in fact...
as a human i am destined to be flawed...to makes 'mistakes'...

this is about choices...
each time i turn left instead of right my path is altered...it maintains direction, but the exact coordinates are shifted enough to cause a chain of (re)action that changes the course...
perhaps it is all chance or maybe it is predestined...regardless the route i take has the power to shape my forward motion or my energetic stand still...

this is about responsibility...
in believing that i am (em)powered, i assume the liability that all things post-action are of my own accord. that i am unable to be victimized...and that spiral effect is, indeed, my doing. and this includes casualties. meaning the affect of the surrounding forces are also a liability. and in truth of this i must act accordingly...
as though each act can (and most likely will) set in to motion a chain of events that will shift my posture as well as that of others...

in light of this (in)sight i am posed with the incessant conflict of reason and judgement vs. passion and appetite.
my human form (flawed and laden with desire) begs to be satiated. while on the contrary my spirit self asks for reflection and meditation before action.

it seems, at a glance, to be an easy argument for either side.
pleasure is seemingly harmless and satisfying.
forethought is a legitimate and proper way to formulate choices.

i have experienced the former as reckless (not to mention the precursor to those aforementioned 'mistakes').
and the later has proved to dispel my innate fire and dampen my verve.

this is about balance...
in order to find this harmonious point of being i must factor in the practical application of my center. to apply the strength that radiates from my core in order to allow for the amalgamation of passion and reason. to fuel my action from all of my natural resources.
here is where i find tranquility...where my weapons are unnecessary and my battle wounds heal...and i walk forward on my path without the need for armor. here is where i find truth. and when i falter, lose my footing, or step backwards...Here is where i will return.

i remain flawed...and my decision to exist in and attempt to maintain this balance is my constant variable...which in itself is blemished given my [human] condition...but i subsist in convergence with this Path...and in this i succeed.
perfectly imperfect.
sat nam

No comments: